Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa Downtown Hotel
The Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa Downtown Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Tampa on the banks of the beautiful Hillsborough River. We're looking forward to your upcoming reservation!
A uniquely convenient location...
We are adjacent to the Straz Center for the Performing Arts (formerly the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center) and just minutes away from all that downtown has to offer.
- Tampa Convention Center - regularly hosts some of the nations largest and most prestigious conventions and events
- Scenic Riverwalk - ideal for sightseeing
- University of Tampa - prestigious private university located on a picturesque and historic campus
- Tampa Theatre - catch a film or a concert at this lovingly preserved historic jewel
- Tampa Bay Times Forum - home of the 2004 Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning as well as concerts, shows and other sporting events
- Florida Aquarium - get face to face with the wonders of the sea; sharks, seahorses, eels and penguins
- Tampa Port/Cruise Terminal - sail away on your dream cruise
- Channelside Entertainment Complex - dining, entertainment, shopping
- Tampa History Center - learn how The Cigar City came to be
- Curtis Hixon Park - Dubbed "downtown's living room" by Mayor Iorio
- Tampa Museum of Art - Brand new!
- Ybor City - an eclectic mix of art, history and nightlife
- SoHo district - where you'll find the world renowned Bern's Steakhouse
- Bayshore Boulevard - a breathtaking view of Old Tampa Bay and the central hub of the annual Gasparilla pirate invasion and festivities
- Dining, shopping, business centers and government offices
We offer complimentary transportation to and from ALL of these locations as well as Tampa General Hospital and many other businesses and local attractions within a two mile radius of the hotel.
We partner with Blue One Transportation for economical and professional door to door Airport transportation. Call 813-282-7351 to set up transportation today.
We pride ourselves on being Downtown Tampa's only affordable full-service hotel, located on the Riverwalk in the blossoming Arts District.